Dienstag, 11. März 2014

'Fasnacht' with teachers and students in Todtnau and Zell

Quelle folie!

'Fasnacht' (Carnaval) is a really big deal here in this region of Germany. Since I work and live here now, I thought it's time to dive into this tradition. 

At school, there was a party for all classes. Parents and teachers looked after the students who had to leave according to their age. My crazy collegues and I were 'Lucky Luke and the Daltons' and we stayed until 5am. After two hours of sleep I had to go and 'teach' three classes. Fortunately all of my students were even more tired than me because they stayed up all night. 


... faster than my shadow...



a Dalton and Jolly Jumper...



me and my horse


getting ready for the party...


Our art teacher spent all afternoon with me painting the Dalton dresses and creating all the necessary items.


How I love my funny and uncomplicated collegues!!!



I have the best students in the world. They are so crazy (KISS, ABBA etc.) ...



Sunday I went to Zell i.W. because my student insisted that I had to witness the great procession in their home town.

I came as a donut.


Keine Kommentare: